Land Navigation Class 2 Day
Land Navigation I
Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate
Land Navigation Class 1 Day
Land Navigation I Course is designed to teach students to confidently navigate the outdoors using both modern and primitive methods.
Just some of the things students will learn:
• Map reading of USGS Topographic maps and GPS maps
• Adjusting for declination and using maps of different scale
• Identifying terrain features and calculating distance using contour lines
• Using back azimuths and triangulation to determine your location
• Route planning
• Navigation using dead reckoning, terrain association
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to navigate confidently through the wilderness. This is an excellent course for hunters, hikers, military and search and rescue.