TOPS FAX Fast Axe 2
F.A.X. or Fast Axe is a lightweight hatchet alternative for campers, hikers, or trekkers. The Fast Axe's head, with its wide cutting edge made of 1095 High Carbon alloy, takes a deep bite when taking down light wood, taking an animal apart, making tent poles, processing firewood, or doing a host of other camp chores. It has a Chrome Moly alloy (4130) tubular handle and the head is pressed and pinned deeply into this handle. The combination exhibits strength and ductility. An 8" long EEZER foam grip ensures a solid nonslip grip for the most rugged situations. This is manufactured through a patented proprietary process and is unmatched in quality and durability.A Kydex "snap on cover" protects the edge of the blade and has a spring steel clip for easy belt attachment.
- 18" overall.
- 3 1/2" black finish 1095 high carbon alloy axe head with 5 1/4" cutting edge.
- Hardened to 58 HRC.
- Gray finish Chrome-Molly alloy (4130) handle with black EEZER foam grip.
- Lanyard hole.
- OD green nylon lanyard.
- Black molded "snap on" Kydex sheath with steel spring clip.
- Includes TOPS emergency whistle.
- Designed by Allen Jensen.
- Certificate of Authenticity.